World Getting Smaller

Monday, February 27, 2006

Smell in the Air - Tale of the city
Wakai Desh ki Hawa mein Khushboo hoti hai


Its been more than 6 weeks back when I was looking at this photograph taken on a roadside "dhabha" near a highway in India. The dhaba was connected to the highway via a dirt track on which was parked a jeep and a few folks posing around it

The first thought that crossed my mind: we dont find these things - the dirt track, the dhaba - in the US. And almost the same instant I could smell the air so typical of those locations
And I felt for the first time that the air smells in India - natural and lively - tries to portray the culture of the city. And boy, it is different than the "aritificial air-conditioned" air that we breathe in US

Am I complaining here? nah... hmm, may be don't know..

I landed on Delhi airport yesterday. And the same thought crossed my mind again. The air is trying to tell me the tale of the city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home